For over a decade Gocompare.com has been saving customers time and money on everything from car insurance to credit cards.
We were launched by a group of insurance experts in November 2006. Their mission? To create the first comparison site to focus on showing product features as well as prices.
The aspirations of six dedicated people back in 2010 was a success and in 2016 we celebrated our 10th birthday.
Today, we're still committed to transparency of information and a customer focus that promotes better-informed choices for everyone who uses our website.
By staying true to our customers, Gocompare.com has been able to grow from just six people sat around a kitchen table to thriving offices that are home to one of the UK's leading comparison websites for insurance, home and energy, travel and financial products.
Gocompare.com was launched by a team of insurance experts in November 2006 and it was the first comparison site to focus on displaying product features rather than just listing prices. Our aim was to help people make better-informed decisions when buying their insurance.
The Gocompare.com Group of companies
The Gocompare.com Group of companies is formed by wholly-owned subsidiaries of Gocompare.com Group plc, which at the moment include:
- Gocompare.com Finance Limited
- Gocompare.com Limited
- Go Compare Limited
- Gio Compario Limited
How we make money
- We don't charge people for using our services and we don't add fees or commissions to the prices you compare; instead we make money by charging our partners a small fee once a sale has been made
- This fee has no impact on the price you pay and you won't find the price cheaper by going direct to the product providers' own websites
- We do not accept advertising or sponsored listings, so all our product comparisons are unbiased
Who we work with
- To ensure that our customers find the right product at the right price, we work with a range of trusted insurance providers and financial services organisations with the aim of providing you with as much choice as possible
- Gocompare.com also offers a variety of other products through our network of trusted partners. If we introduce you to one of these companies we will always tell you who they are
- Whilst we aim to provide you with the widest possible range of companies, there are some providers that you will not find on any comparison site. For example, Direct Line and Aviva do not sell their policies via comparison sites, and these can only be purchased directly
Accreditation and awards
- In May 2008, Gocompare.com became the first price comparison site to be invited to join the British Insurance Brokers Association (BIBA). Gocompare.com remains the only comparison site with BIBA accreditation. Find out more about BIBA�
- In 2016 Gocompare.com was again awarded the prestigious Investors in People (IiP) 'Gold' award. IiP is an internationally recognised and respected mark of good practice, focused on leading, managing and developing people to improve business performance. The award runs for three years and followed a reassessment after Gocompare.com's previous 'Gold' award in December 2012
- In 2015, Gocompare.com won the 'Combatting Fraud Broking Initiative of the Year' award at Post Magazine's Insurance Fraud Awards. This was in recognition of work with iovation to implement a service that can identify fraud and misuse at point of quote
Your personal data, privacy and security
- Apart from supplying your information to our trusted insurance and financial services partners to enable us to provide you with quotes (but not for any other purpose), we will never sell on your personal information to anyone else or use it to make unwanted sales calls or send unwanted emails
- We have an anti-SPAM policy and do not send unsolicited (junk) email
- We take your privacy seriously and follow strict security procedures in the storage and disclosure of your information as required by law. Our privacy statement and security statement provide full details. These also form part of our terms and conditions
- Gocompare.com Limited is a limited company registered in England and Wales, registration number 05799376, registered address Imperial House, Imperial Way, Newport, Gwent, NP10 8UH, United Kingdom. We are authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) and our Register number is 465053. Our permitted business is advising, arranging and making arrangements with a view to transactions in general insurance. You can check this on the FCA's Register by visiting the FCA's website www.fca.org.uk/register� or by contacting the FCA on 0845 606 1234