Is a small energy company for you?
I wanted to reduce my carbon footprint and I liked the fact that all money on bills would be put to building turbines. We're on an an all-green tariff... not necessarily going to do you any good, but makes you feel betterDamon Hart-Davies, London entrepreneur who switched to Ecotricity
How do I make a complaint about my energy provider?
(The customer) must contact their supplier. Once you make a complaint, the energy company has eight weeks in which to process it. If it cannot be solved then, the customer can go to the energy ombudsman - if they rule in favour of the customer, then there may be some financial compensationChris Lock, spokesman for energy watchdog Ofgem
Why choose Gocompare.com's business gas and electricity comparison service?
Utility bills are likely to be a major outgoing for your firm, yet many business owners get stuck in a cycle of auto-renewal of energy-supply contracts that may be costing them thousands of pounds.
A free, no-obligation comparison of your business energy options should only take 10 minutes and could save thousands of pounds. For more information, read our guides
Looking around for a better deal that could save money is easy with Gocompare.com and our partners Make It Cheaper* who offer a personalised, independent and impartial service to help you find the right option. They will:
- Guide you through the switching process
- Advise on any action that needs to be taken
- Provide a direct phone number to an adviser who can field your questions
- Offer a free, no-obligation comparison of all business gas and electric suppliers
How do I compare and switch?
- Find a recent bill
- Either call 0844 409 9369 (calls should take no longer than 10 minutes) or click the "Continue" link above and complete the short form to request a call back
- You will be quoted the best rates over the phone and by email
- Choose to proceed and Make it Cheaper* will organise the contract with your new supplier
- The switch over to the new contract should take four-to-six weeks
- There will be no paperwork, and no disruption to your supply
Our guides offer more information on key areas of business energy bills such as rollover contracts, 28-day contracts, deemed rates, the Climate Change Levy (CCL) and the factors affecting the utility rates paid by your business.