Can you smell it? That heady mix of mud, cold afternoon air, Guinness and Deep Heat?
Yes, it’s RBS SIX NATIONS SEASON. That time of year when the home nations, France and Italy send their biggest, burliest beefcakes to duke it out on the field of sporting battle.
What better way to celebrate this annual festival of hulking, 15-stone men chasing after an egg-shaped ball than a celebratory pet photography contest?
Yes, that’s right. We want YOU to take pictures of YOUR PETS in states of patriotic fur-vour.
If you do, you’ll be in with a chance of winning £500 – yes, FIVE HUNDRED POUNDS – of Pets At Home vouchers. That’s enough to feed a very hungry pet for a good year, by our reckoning.
You may have an English Bulldog standing to attention for God Save the Queen. A Scottie dog joining in with a rousing chorus of 'Flower of Scotland', a moggie cat getting misty eyed at the sound of ‘Hen Wlad Fy Nhadau’, or an Irish wolfhound getting excited by some traditional fiddle music.
Heck, your pet doesn’t even need to be from one of the Six Nations countries – we’ll even consider Dachsunds standing to attention to the Deutschlandlied, for instance.
Anyway, to be in with a shout of winning, take the following steps.
1. Follow Gocompare.com on Twitter.
2. Take a picture of your pet being ‘patriotic’
3. Tweet it at us, with the hashtag #patrioticpets.
4. Win a prize (maybe.)
The winner will be announced at the conclusion of the Six Nations contest.
Now, a few ground rules.
- Nothing cruel – cats don’t particularly enjoy being dressed up, so don’t bother stressing them out
- It has to be YOUR pet, or a pet that you're close to. No pilfering next door's in other words.
- No fascism – no pictures of dogs in front of EDL flags, or that sort of thing. It’s not on.
- No shaving, dyeing, or anything like that – it’s just demeaning.
For the full terms and conditions, step this way.