Think carefully about your holiday packing
Lay out everything you've got and think 'what do I really need?' There are very few places in the world where you can't buy the stuff you need. Everyone wants their own home comforts, but you'll quickly realise you won't want them when you're therePhoebe Smith, experienced backpacker and features editor at Trail Magazine
Are you an adrenaline junkie?
Brits abroad seem to be looking for more dangerous activities to get their kicks. But, as many excursions and activities are only booked by holidaymakers on impulse, it's important to remember that a travel insurance policy cannot be updated once you are on holidayGocompare.com
Why do I need travel insurance?
Medical treatment can cost a fortune when you're abroad and bills for tests and hospital stays can run into thousands of pounds, so don't take the risk for the sake of a few pounds. Get yourself and your family coveredJeremy Cryer, head of travel insurance at Gocompare.com
Why choose Gocompare.com's holiday comparison service?
Compare prices for thousands of holidays in one quick and easy search
If your holiday is not all-inclusive, remember money for food, travel and other expenses
Did you know...?
- 47% of UK travellers aged 18-34 take their laptop on holiday with them**
- 92% take their mobile or smartphone**
- 46% can't relax if they're not able to check their emails on holiday**
- 40% of UK travellers are keen on taking part in risky activities such as white water rafting, scuba diving and bungee jumping***
- Scuba diving is the most popular activity for UK holidaymakers, followed by parasailing, rock climbing and white water rafting***
Our preferred provider
We’ve partnered with Our Holiday Centre*, our preferred provider for holiday comparison, to help you choose the right deal to suit your needs