Our trusted motorbike insurance partnersView All
Why are scooters and mopeds so popular?
I'm seeing more and more people arriving at the station which I commute from on scooters. They're looking at what they need to get around, and if it's just for short round trips of 10 miles or so, they're thinking 'why not'?James Miller, technical manager at Lexham Insurance Consultants
Why choose Gocompare.com for scooter and moped insurance?
Compare scooter and moped quotes and see if you can save money. Read our motorbike insurance guide for more in-depth information and guidance
Did you know...?
- A moped is anything under 50cc, a scooter is a specific style of bike, usually with a step-through frame and small wheels
- Some scooters are good for around 140mpg
- Mopeds for 16-year-olds are limited to 30mph and cannot be taken on motorways
- If you can keep your scooter indoors overnight you could save on your premium
- Phil Daniels's character Jimmy Cooper rides a Lambretta in the cult film Quadrophenia
- Tour de France winner and Olympic legend Bradley Wiggins is a mod culture enthusiast
- Motorcycles account for just 1% of Britain's road traffic, but bikers suffer 20% of all fatalities on the road according to figures from the Department for Transport
- Four-stroke engines run on standard petrol, but you'll need a mixture of oil and petrol to run a two-stroke bike