We are an online insurance intermediary and through our website we offer comparison services in relation to a number of financial and insurance products and services. Some of these products and services are offered third party websites which are linked to via our website. Where this is the case you will be bound by the third party's terms and conditions.
In these Terms and Conditions, "we", "our" and "us" means Gocompare.com Limited and "you" and "your" means any person who uses our website. Where we refer to "group" we mean Gocompare.com Group plc, you can find the full list of Gocompare.com group companies on our website www.gocompare.com/about/about-gocompare.
If you are unsure about any aspect of these Terms & Conditions, or have any questions regarding our relationship with you, please contact us.
1. About our insurance services
We provide an independent and online insurance and financial products search engine that has been designed to save you time and money. Not only do we strive to find you the most competitive quotes for insurance or financial products and services, we also aim to provide you with the information you need to make an informed choice on which policy or product best suits your needs.
We compare car, home, van, bike and pet and breakdown insurance products from a range of insurers; to see a list of our panel of insurance partners please click here. For Home Emergency Insurance we only offer products from a limited number of insurers.
We will ask you some questions and produce a list of quotations based on the answers you give and provide the information you need to help decide which is the right policy or product for you. This will enable you to make your own choice about how to proceed. We don't offer advice or make recommendations.
2. How are we paid?
You will not be charged for using our website. Instead, when you use our website to buy a product or service from a third party, that third party pays a commission to us click here for more details on how we are paid.
Gocompare.com Limited is registered in England and Wales (Company number 05799376) and our registered address is Imperial House, Imperial Way, Newport, Gwent, NP10 8UH, United Kingdom.
We are authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) and our reference number is 465053. Our permitted business is advising, arranging and making arrangements with a view to transactions in general insurance. You can check this on the Financial Services Register by visiting the FCA's website http://www.fca.org.uk/register† or by contacting the FCA on 0800 111 6768.
Use of our website
- Our website allows you to access our independent online service which compares a number of financial and insurance products and services.
- You are only permitted to use our website if you are a UK resident and you are using it for personal use. Commercial use of our website is strictly prohibited and we reserve the right to take steps - including legal action - against any person or company who uses our website or services for commercial use or in any other unauthorised manner. Unauthorised use includes (but is not limited to) breach of copyright, processing multiple quotes for other customers or companies, and other companies checking their prices against those presented on this website.
- You are not permitted to do anything that may affect the security of our website or any information or material stored within it.
- You may not operate any link to our website without first obtaining our written permission. Any such permission may be revoked without notice and we reserve the right to require you to remove any link immediately and at any time.
What are your responsibilities?
1. Insurance obligations
We will provide you with quotations based on the information you have provided to us. Where we ask questions to help source quotations, you are responsible for:
Answering all questions honestly, completely and to the best of your knowledge, and for ensuring that any assumptions made are correct.
Failure to do so may lead to your insurance policy being invalid or an increase in cost. You may also be liable for any third party costs in the event of an accident.
- In order to accept a quotation provided by us you will need to link to the underlying insurance company website and retrieve your details or, where applicable, contact them by phone.
- Before purchasing a policy it is extremely important that all the information the insurance company holds on you is accurate. You should therefore ensure that all information you provide to us is complete and accurate. Neither we nor any insurance providers will check this information for you. Again, failure to do this may lead to your insurance being invalid or an increase in the cost of that policy.
- It is important that you read the insurance company's terms and conditions to check that you understand and agree with them. The insurance company's terms and conditions are not the same as ours and they will be the terms you agree to when you accept a quotation.
- It is important that you read all insurance documents issued to you and ensure that you are aware of the cover, limits and other terms that apply. Failure to comply with the insurer's terms and conditions could invalidate your policy.
- You should also check that all your details on the policy documents are correct, including any assumptions that may have been made on your behalf by the insurer. If the information supplied by you is not correct, it is your responsibility to notify the insurance company. Failure to inform the insurer of any errors or missing information could invalidate your policy.
2. Other obligations
- You must keep your password confidential and it must not be disclosed to or shared with anyone. You are solely responsible for all use of your account on our website.
- Where you provide information about any other individual (e.g. a named driver) you are confirming to us that you have their authority to do so.
- You must not misuse our website by knowingly introducing viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material which is malicious or technologically harmful. You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to our website, the server on which our website is stored, or any server, computer or database connected to it.
What are our responsibilities?
We are responsible to you for:
- any losses you suffer to the extent that they have been caused by errors in our price comparison technology; and
- any claim you may have against us for a personal injury or in respect of your death if caused by our negligence; and
- any statements made by our employees to you which are not true statements of fact and which are made by that employee with fraudulent intent; and
- any statements made by our employees to you which are misleading or untrue.
- Except in the case of (ii) or (iii) above (where our liability to you is unlimited), our liability to you will be limited to the upper level of our insurance limit which may vary from time to time.
We are not responsible to you for:
- any reliance that you may place on any material or commentary posted on our website. Please note that nothing contained in our website or the material published on it is intended to amount to advice on which you should rely; or
- any losses you suffer because the information you put into our website is inaccurate or incomplete; or
- any losses you suffer if the information you put into our website is accurate but the insurer's website has not accurately reflected that information because its system is not working correctly; or
- any losses you suffer if you misrepresent any fact which may influence the insurer's decision to accept the risk or the terms offered; or
- any losses you suffer because you cannot use our website at any time; or
- any losses you suffer through connecting to any linked third party websites or any statements, information, content, products or services that are published on, or may be accessible from, any linked third party website and we do not guarantee that they are free from viruses or anything else that could be infectious or destructive; or
- any errors in or omissions from our website; or
- any losses you may suffer by relying on any commentary, postings or reviews (of our services or that of our partners) on our website; or
- any loss or damage caused by a distributed denial-of-service attack, viruses or other technologically harmful material that may infect your computer equipment, computer programs, data or other proprietary material due to your use of our website or to your downloading of any material posted on it, or on any website linked to it; or
- the privacy policies and practices of other linked third party websites, even if you access them using links from our website; or
- any unauthorised access or loss of personal information that is beyond our control.
We set ourselves very high standards and do our utmost to maintain these high standards in everything we do. In rare situations where you may feel those standards have not been maintained we would like you to tell us as this is the only way we will be able to improve our service.
How do you do this?
Click here to use our online contact forms or contact us in the following ways:
In Writing: Gocompare.com Limited
Imperial House, Imperial Way
Newport, Gwent, NP10 8UH
Telephone: 01633 654 019
Please note that our office opening hours are Monday to Friday 9am to 5.30pm, excluding bank holidays. Calls may be recorded for training, quality and monitoring purposes.
If your complaint relates to an insurance company or insurance policy, we will let you know that we have forwarded your complaint to the insurance company and will supply you with their contact details. The insurance company will then reply to your complaint directly.
A summary of our internal process for dealing with complaints, which outlines how we will handle your complaint both promptly and fairly, is available on request or by clicking here. If you are still dissatisfied then you may be entitled to refer your complaint to the Financial Ombudsman Service (FOS).
We are covered by the Financial Services Compensation Scheme (FSCS). You may be entitled to compensation from the scheme if we cannot meet our obligations. This depends on the type of business and the circumstances of the claim. If you are eligible to claim from the FSCS, compensation is available as follows:
Insurance advising and arranging is covered for 90% of the claim, without any upper limit
For compulsory classes of insurance (such as Third Party Motor or Employers Liability), insurance advising and arranging is covered for 100% of the claim without any upper limit
Further information about compensation scheme arrangements is available from the FSCS by calling 0800 678 1100 or 020 7741 4100 or by visiting their website www.fscs.org.uk.†
- We are the owner or the licensee of all intellectual property rights in our website and in the material published on it. This includes, but is not limited to, all trademarks, logos, business names, trading names, design rights, database rights, copyright and any other intellectual property rights.
- You may print, download or store extracts from our website provided always that:
It is used solely for your personal, non-commercial use;
You will not copy, transmit or distribute them without our prior written approval;
All copies must retain any copyright or other intellectual property notices contained within the original material;
You acknowledge that all images displayed on our website are protected by copyright and may not be reproduced or appropriated in any manner without the prior written consent of their respective owner(s);
No logos, trade marks or service marks displayed on our website may be printed or downloaded, except as part of the text of which they form part;
You must not modify the paper or digital copies of any materials you have printed off or downloaded in any way, and you must not use any illustrations, photographs, video or audio sequences, logos, designs or any graphics separately from any accompanying text; and
Our status (and that of any identified contributors) as the authors of material on our website must always be acknowledged.
- These Terms and Conditions apply to your use of our website.
- We reserve the right to change these Terms and Conditions from time to time and without notice. You should therefore check these Terms and Conditions each time you visit our website.
- If any part of these Terms and Conditions is subsequently considered to be illegal, invalid or unenforceable then that provision should be treated as having been deleted without affecting the validity of the remaining terms.
- These Terms and Conditions are subject to the laws of England and Wales and the exclusive jurisdiction of their Courts.
This is the version number of our T&Cs.