While the big household names tend to dominate the broadband market, there are smaller providers you should consider when looking for a good deal, like Hyperoptic.
- Hyperoptic broadband is widely available in London
- Hyperoptic offers both home and business broadband
- Its hyperfast broadband reaches speeds of up to 1Gbps
Who is Hyperoptic?
Hyperoptic was founded in 2011 to provide the United Kingdom with hyperfast broadband. It works in partnership with a number of freeholders, property managers, residents and developers to deliver high speed fibre service to a range of business and residential establishments.
Hyperoptic aims to provide internet services that are ‘future-proof’. This means cables would be fitted straight to your door, rather than being filtered through a street cabinet, helping Hyperoptic compete with the copper cables of other brands and consistently maintain its fast.
Hyperoptic has won a number of awards for its broadband service, including being named the Internet Service Providers’ Association’s (ISPA) Best Superfast Broadband for six years, and being awarded the 2018 Broadband Pioneer Award.
Can I get Hyperoptic broadband in my area?
Hyperoptic provides coverage predominantly in London, and is one of the fastest broadband providers if you live in the capital.
It claims to deliver superfast broadband to 39 UK towns and cities - use our postcode checker to see if they cover your area.
What sort of broadband does Hyperoptic offer?
Hyperoptic offer both home and business broadband packages, which are provided over its own dedicated cable network.
For home broadband, you can choose between a broadband only package, or a broadband and phone deal. For both types, Hyperoptic offers a range of speeds. You can also either roll over your package monthly, or commit to a year. Both types of packages are full fibre.
Hyperoptic currently offers the following broadband packages:
- Fast - 50Mbps
- Superfast - 150Mbps
- Ultrafast - 500Mbps
- Hyperfast - 1Gbps
All Hyperoptic home broadband packages come with a free hyperhub router, 24/7 customer support, unlimited data usage and there’s no need for a landline. Upload and download speeds are the same, except with their Fast broadband package, which features upload speeds of5Mbps.
If you’re looking for fast internet for your business, Hyperoptic offers broadband, broadband and phone, and dedicated fibre packages, available as monthly rolling, 12 month or 24-month contracts.
These are available in the same packages as the home broadband – Fast, Superfast, Ultrafast and Hyperfast.
All business packages have unlimited data usage, no need for a landline, 24/7 customer support, 1 static IP address with the option to purchase more, and a five hour Service Level Agreement.
Monthly rolling contracts are more expensive than the fixed term options. The longer you commit to a package, the cheaper it costs per month.
Hyperoptic’s dedicated fibre options for business customers come in two speeds – Fast and Hyperfast.
Why choose Hyperoptic?
Hyperoptic offer their customers a number of benefits:
- Free three month speed upgrade - on selected monthly rolling plans, you have the option to increase your speed at no extra cost.
- Flexible - Hyperoptic’s contracts are flexible. You can choose from monthly rolling, 12 months or 24 months.
- No mid-contract price hikes - it promises to never increase the price of your deal during the duration of your contract. So for 12 or 24 months, the price you pay will stay the same.
- Try before you commit - you can try Hyperoptic alongside your current broadband to decide which you prefer with no cancellation fees if you don’t continue with them.
- Price match - Hyperoptic promise to match your package price if you find it cheaper somewhere else.
- Unlimited - limitless streaming, browsing, downloading and gaming.
- Compensation – you're covered by Ofcom’s Automatic Compensation Scheme if something goes wrong.
- Coverage - as Hyperoptic is primarily based in London, it might be harder to find coverage for your area if you live outside of the city. They also only claim to cover 39 cities and towns across the UK.
- No TV bundles - Hyperoptic don’t currently offer any TV deals alongside its broadband. You need to look elsewhere if you want a broadband and TV package.
Alternative providers to Hyperoptic
If you don’t feel that Hyperoptic is right for you, take a look at our guides on other providers: