Three is most widely known for its mobile phone service, but did you know it also offers broadband?
Read on to find out more about purchasing a broadband package with Three.
- Three offers mobile broadband powered by 4G and 5G
- 5G is available in some areas and can achieve speeds that rival full fibre
- Three’s provided router allows you to connect to more than 25 devices
Who is Three?
Three is a telecommunications and internet provider based in Maidenhead, England.
Founded in 2003, Three keeps the UK connected with its mobile phone service, while offering 4G and 5G mobile broadband.
Three Broadband aims to provide quick installations without cables, unlimited data usage, and wireless connectivity for homes and businesses.
Can I get Three broadband in my area?
Three Broadband doesn’t operate over the same network as their mobile service, so it isn’t available everywhere. Its 5G wireless connectivity is also not very widespread currently.
Three is adding new locations though, so check your postcode to see if you’re covered in your area.
What sort of broadband does Three offer?
Three offers wireless home and business broadband, powered by 4G or 5G.
If you choose the 4G plan, you’ll get sent the 4G Three Home Hub which allows you access to wireless broadband.
- No need for a landline
- Can connect up to 64 devices at once
- Available on a 1, 12 or 24-month contracts
- All you need to do is plug in the router to get online. No installation required
You can use it even if you move home, as long as your house is covered by the Three network
Three now offers 5G broadband in an increasing number of areas. You’ll get the 5G Three Home Hub with this package.
- No need for a landline, just plug in the hub and off you go
- Can connect up to 64 devices simultaneously
- Can reach speeds of between 100-200 Mbps
- 5G enables users to enjoy streaming 4K movies, game to their hearts content and video call without any lag or buffering
- Free next day delivery for your hub
- Choose between a 12 or 24-month contract
Business broadband from Three is also available in a 4G or 5G Hub option.
Three’s 5G hub has unlimited usage and a 12-month contract. As with its home broadband, there’s no line rental as you just plug in the hub to get started.
To find the right Three broadband deal for your company, you can talk to their business support team for free on 0800 033 8033.
Why choose Three Broadband?
It can be difficult to choose between broadband deals, so here’s everything you need to know at a glance.
- 5G speeds - If you can get it in your area, Three can deliver superfast speeds that are speedier than most cable and fibre broadband packages
- No landline - There’s no need to have a landline for the 4G or 5G Hubs, which means your setup cost will be cheaper and you won’t have to pay for line rental
- Immediate setup - No engineer visit is needed to get you up and running. As soon as your router arrives, you can get online
- 14-day money back guarantee - If you don’t like Three Broadband after two weeks of using it, you can return your hub and get your money back
- Mobile broadband only - Three only offers mobile broadband packages. In some areas, traditional cabled broadband would give you a much steadier connection
- Router compatibility – There's a chance you can’t control your router through your device or browser if it’s not supported by Three
- No phone bundles – There's no information about bundling your mobile service with your broadband for a cheaper package, which is unusual considering Three is a well-known phone provider
Alternative providers to Three Broadband
If Three Broadband isn’t for you, you can take a look at some of our other pages to find a broadband provider that works for you: