Whether you’re a light or heavy internet user, Virgin Media has a wide range of broadband packages to choose from. Discover more about Virgin Media and their promise of ‘ultra-fast, ultra-reliable broadband.’
- Virgin Media has an average download speed of 1,130Mbps on their top tier package
- Virgin claim that their download speeds are 16x faster than Sky and BT 
- Its top speeds come from its use of full-fibre cables between homes and the local exchange
- You can combine your broadband, TV and landline to see if you can save money on a bundled deal
Although you can get Virgin Media services across most of the UK, the performance improves drastically in places where Virgin has been able to lay its own fibre-optic cables.
As part of Virgin Media’s Project Lightning upgrades, the network has been expanding across the more rural areas of the UK. You can use Virgin Media’s postcode checker to see what services are available in your area.
Virgin Media broadband deals
Virgin Media’s broadband deals start with average download speeds of 54Mbps, all the way up to 1,130Mbps. As a rule, the faster the advertised speed, the more expensive it’ll be.
As of January 2023, Virgin have boosted the advertised speed for two of their packages. Their M100 package is now M125, with an average download speed of 132Mbps, while M200 is now M250, with average download speeds of 264Mbps.
Virgin offers some of the fastest broadband around. They claim that on average their download speeds are 16x faster than Sky and BT, and their Gig1 Fibre Broadband can give you average download speeds of 1,130Mbps!
They’ll also give you various different perks depending on the deal. These include:
- Secure WiFi Hub - Includes Virgin Media WebSafe, which helps keep your devices and your family safe online
- WiFi Guarantee - A promise that you’ll enjoy download speeds of up to 20Mbps in every room or receive £100 in credit
- O2 Priority - Daily treats, exclusive offers, access to early-bird tickets, and more via the Priority app
Virgin Media bundles
Virgin Media also offers customers the option to bundle their broadband in with TV packages, landline phones, and mobile SIMs.
The bundles differ widely in what they offer. Virgin offer a number of bundle packages, including:
- Big Bundle - Includes over 100 channels, 264Mbps and inclusive weekend calls to UK landlines and Virgin mobile numbers
- Bigger Bundle + Sports - Includes over 195 channels, 362Mbps broadband and BT Sport in 4K Ultra HD
- Ultimate Volt Bundle - Includes over 230 channels, Gig1 Fibre Broadband speeds of 1,130Mbps, BT Sports in 4K Ultra HD, and an O2 unlimited data SIM card 
Is Virgin Media any good?
Ofcom produced a report in May 2022 showing overall consumer satisfaction with its providers. Virgin Media received 85% for its overall service. Like when buying any product, it's best to do your own research before committing.
It’s also worth shopping around to find the best broadband for your needs. Read our helpful guide on how to choose your broadband provider or start comparing broadband packages today.
 Correct as of 16 January 2023. Taken from https://www.virginmedia.com/broadband
 Correct as of 16 January 2023. Taken from https://www.virginmedia.com/tv