Looking to leave Derby at a rate of Notts? Leics look at flights from East Midlands Airport!
Compare flights today from East Midlands and swap Nottingham, Leicester and Derby for Alicante, Malaga and Lanzarote. Search now and start saving.
- East Midlands Airport is the main airport for flights from Nottingham, Leicester and Derby
- Alicante is the most popular destination for flights from East Midlands Airport
- Ryanair offers the most routes out of East Midlands Airport, with flights to European capitals and holidays destinations. Compare what's out there see what you could save on flights from EMA
The UK's 13th-busiest airport, East Midlands is the main airport for many important cities. Looking for flights from Leicester? Ding. Flights from Derby? Ding Ding. Flights from Nottingham? Ding Ding Ding.
East Midlands Airport is in the middle of them all: Derby is 12 miles away, Nottingham is 14, while Leceister clocks in with 20.
You can use East Midlands Airport to see the world, but where should you go? Let's look at some of the most popular routes for direct flights from East Midlands.
Compare the price of flights from East Midlands Airport (EMA)
City hoppers and beach breaks make up most of the destinations for flights out of East Midlands.
Travelling on business to Brussels, Belfast or Berlin? Sunning it up in the Balearics, the Canaries or the Greek Islands? It's always a good idea to compare flight prices. Shop around and see what you might save.
All the info on airlines and destinations below was correct in June 2018, but try a quick comparison today for the latest routes.
Which airlines offer flights from East Midlands Airport?
Ryanair offers the most routes throughout the year, connecting Nottingham, Leicester and Derby to destinations across Europe. Here's the full rundown of airlines:
- BH Air
- BMI Regional
- Thomas Cook Airlines
- TUI Airways
Flights to Malaga from East Midlands
Fancy a break on Spain's Costa del Sol? Then Jet2.com, Ryanair and TUI Airways can take you there throughout the year. It takes just over three hours to reach sunny Espana.
Flights to Edinburgh from East Midlands
It takes one hour and ten minutes on a plane from East Midlands to Edinburgh. Flybe can take you there, so why not discover why they call it the Athens of the North on a city break?
Flights to Faro from East Midlands
It's alright on the Algrave. See for yourself with Jet2.com, Ryanair, and TUI Airways. It's a three-hour flight to the southern tip of Portugal.
Flights to Alicante from East Midlands
Alicante is the busiest route to and from East Midlands Airport. And can you guess which three airlines have direct flights? Yep, it's Jet2.com, Ryanair, and TUI Airways. Jump on a plane and you can be in Spain in two hours.
Top tips for cheap flights from East Midlands
Summer is the busiest time for flights out of East Midlands, but if you can dodge the weeks the schools are out, your money is likely to go further. Other things you can do to unlock cheap flights include:
- Book early (or very, very late)
- Be flexible with your dates
- Fly midweek - it usually costs less than weekends
- Flight prices often change, so think about setting up an alert
- Explore non-direct flights to your destination - it may work out cheaper
- You don't have to fly back with the same airline - two one-way tickets with different airlines can cost less
- Always try a cheeky comparison before you book - shop around and compare prices!
And if you can't find the right flight for you from East Midlands then there's always Birmingham Airport nearby.