Looking for some fun in the sun? Compare flights to Las Palmas!
Is Gran Canaria on the agenda? Compare flights to Las Palmas to find a great deal on your trip.
- Expect flight times of around four hours from the UK to Las Palmas, Gran Canaria
- Las Palmas is served by Gran Canaria Airport. It's the only airport on the island
- Take your pick from 21 airports in the UK for direct flights to Las Palmas
Las Palmas is the capital of Gran Canaria and the biggest city in the Canary Islands. It's a great base to explore the island, and its airport is the gateway to the brilliant beach resorts. Whatever type of holiday you're after in the Canaries, let's get your there in comfort and style... It's time to compare flights to Las Palmas!
Las Palmas flights
If you're flying into Las Palmas, then you're only going to be landing in one place. And that one place is Gran Canaria Airport.
Gran Canaria Airport (LPA)
The busiest airport in the Canary Islands, Gran Canaria Airport is 15 miles south of Las Palmas. You might hear it called Gando Airport. It's halfway along the east coast of Gran Canaria, meaning it’s in a top spot for a quick transfer to the big tourist resorts on the south coast. Want more info on Gran Canaria airport transfers? We've got a load of top tips for that too!
Compare the price of flights from UK airports to Las Palmas, Gran Canaria
There's quite a few direct flights to Las Palmas from the UK all year round. But there’s positively loads during the peak summer season. How long's the ride? Flight times from the UK to Gran Canaria tend to be between four hours and four and a half. All the info below was correct when we checked in June 2018.
Flights to Las Palmas from London
Take your pick from four airports and nine airlines to try and find cheap flights to Las Palmas from London:
- Gatwick - easyJet, Norwegian Air Shuttle, Thomas Cook Airlines, TUI Airways
- Heathrow - British Airways, Iberia Express
- Luton - Ryanair, TUI Airways
- Stansted - Jet2.com, Primera Air, Ryanair, Thomas Cook Airlines, TUI Airways
Now that's a lot of options. A quick online search can help you find the right flight for you and the right price too!
Flights to Las Palmas from Manchester
Flying from Lancashire to Las Palmas? Then you're spoilt for choice with five airlines to select from. These are easyJet, Jet2.com, Ryanair, Thomas Cook Airlines and TUI Airways. Shop around and compare direct flights to Las Palmas from Manchester.
Flights to Las Palmas from Birmingham
There's also plenty of choice if you're heading to the biggest city in the Canaries from the UK's second city.
Jet2.com, Primera Air, Ryanair, Thomas Cook Airlines and TUI Airways all offer direct flights at various times of the year. Compare and see what’s on offer.
Flights from Bristol to Gran Canaria, Las Palmas
Travellers from the West Country and south Wales might want to consider Bristol Airport. Ryanair, easyJet, Thomas Cook Airlines and TUI Airways can offer direct flights to Las Palmas de Gran Canaria from Brizzle.
Are there flights to Las Palmas from near me in the UK?
Your nearest airport not in the list above? Worry not, Gran Canaria is still on your doorstep. Other UK airports that offer direct flights for at least part of the year include:
Did you know...?
People from the Canary Islands don't tend to speak with a Spanish lisp. Neither do countries in South America. It's thought the close ties between the two is behind this.
- Doncaster Sheffield
- East Midlands
- Leeds Bradford
You've got so much choice when it comes to flights to Las Palmas. You could bag yourself a bargain with a quick comparison of flights.
Top tips for cheap flights to Las Palmas
There are way more flights to Las Palmas, Gran Canaria from the UK during the summer. And in most cases the more options you have, the cheaper the flights become. But we're talking about the summer holidays here. If you can, try and dodge the school holidays if you're after cheap flights to Las Palmas.
Here's a few more tips on cheap flights to Las Palmas, Gran Canaria:
- It's a short-haul flight, so consider standard economy
- International routes tend to be cheaper if you fly Monday to Thursday
- If you've the cajones, plane tickets can be heavily discounted just before the flight
- Otherwise book well in advance - prices will usually be cheaper when they just go on sale
- Be flexible with your dates and play around to find a good flight
- Two singles with different airlines can be less than a return with one - explore your options
- Flying with a stopover can be cheaper than going direct sometimes
Finally, a quick comparison can throw up a bargain, so pop your deets in now!