That’s why we’re giving you £250 free excess protection. If you ever need to make a claim, your excess protection will cover some or all of the cost of your excess.
We hope the worst doesn’t happen. But if it does, we’re here for you when you need to claim - we don’t want you left out of pocket.
When you buy car insurance it’s usually sold with an excess. It’s what you have to pay towards the cost of a claim you make with your insurer.
It’s made up of two parts; the compulsory excess that’s set by your insurer and the voluntary excess, which you choose to pay on top. Sometimes there’s an additional excess for young or inexperienced drivers too.
Your free excess protection from us covers these costs, up to £250. So, if your total excess is £300, you’ll pay this to your insurer, and then we’ll refund you £250.
If you need to pay an excess, you’ll be refunded up to £250 for:
When you won’t be able to use your free excess cover:
We believe the right insurance should always cost you less - and that includes not having to worry about a giant excess if you're unfortunate enough to need to make a claim.
After you buy your car insurance through us you'll get an email. Click the link and fill in your details.
Your free excess protection from us covers these costs, up to £250. So if your total excess is £300, you’ll pay this to your insurer, and then we’ll refund you £250.
When you buy car insurance through us, your excess protection will start on the same day.
1. For the purposes of these terms and conditions, the following terms shall have the following meanings:
2. Only Eligible Customers who purchase a Qualifying Car Insurance Policy at any time during the Qualifying Period shall be entitled to receive a Free Excess Protection Policy.
3. A Free Excess Protection Policy will be automatically awarded to all Eligible Customers who GoCompare is able to verify have purchased a Qualifying Car Insurance Policy at any time during the Qualifying Period. In all other cases, in order to redeem a Free Excess Protection Policy Eligible Customers must either:
4. Eligible Customers who make a valid claim under a Free Excess Protection Policy shall be entitled to a reimbursement of any excess paid to the insurer named on their Qualifying Car Insurance Policy up to a maximum of £250.00 during the Cover Period.
5. In order to make a valid claim under a Free Excess Protection Policy, an Eligible Customer must:
6. Any claim under the Qualifying Car Insurance Policy in respect of an Excluded Event shall not constitute a valid claim under the Qualifying Car Insurance Policy for the purposes of this offer.
7. If GoCompare is unable to verify an Eligible Customer’s purchase of a Qualifying Car Insurance Policy, GoCompare reserve the right to revoke any Free Excess Protection Policy which is issued.
8. It is always GoCompare’s aim to provide the best possible service. However, any complaints about the way in which a Free Excess Protection Policy was sold should be directed to GoCompare at email@example.com. Any complaints in respect of the handling of any claim made under a Free Excess Protection Policy should be directed to the Underwriter at firstname.lastname@example.org.
9. By redeeming a Free Excess Protection Policy, you will be deemed to have accepted and agreed to be bound by these terms and conditions.
10. GoCompare reserves the right to withdraw, cancel, suspend or amend this offer at any time.
12. These terms and conditions and any dispute or claim arising out of them shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales and the parties irrevocably submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.