Terms and conditions
1. For the purposes of these terms and conditions, the following terms shall have the following meanings:
- 1.1. Act of God: means flood, drought, earthquake or other natural disaster, epidemic or pandemic, civil war, civil commotion or riots, war, armed conflict or nuclear, chemical or biological contamination;
- 1.2. Cover Period: means the lesser of:
(a) the duration of the Qualifying Car Insurance Policy; or
(b) twelve (12) months from and including inception of the Free Excess Cover;
- 1.3 Eligible Customer: means any customer who is 17 years of age or older and resident in the Territories and who provides a valid email address when obtaining car insurance quotes via the GoCompare Website;
- 1.4. Excluded Event: means any claim under the Qualifying Car Insurance Policy in respect of an Act of God or a breakdown event or for windscreen or other window repair or replacement;
- 1.5. Free Excess Cover: means a free motor excess insurance underwritten by the Underwriter which shall provide excess protection of up to £250.00 during the Cover Period;
- 1.6. GoCompare: means Gocompare.com Limited (a company incorporated in England and Wales under company number 5799376 and whose registered office is at Imperial House, Imperial Way, Newport NP10 8UH);
- 1.7. GoCompare Reference Number: means the reference number attributed by GoCompare to any car insurance quote obtained via the GoCompare Website;
- 1.8. GoCompare Website: means www.gocompare.com;
- 1.9. Provider: means Atlanta Insurance Intermediaries Limited (a company incorporated in England and Wales under company registration number 00756681 whose registered office address is at Embankment West Tower, 101 Cathedral Approach, Salford, United Kingdom, M3 7FB);
- 1.10. Qualifying Car Insurance Policy: means an insurance policy providing comprehensive or third-party, fire and theft cover (but excluding an insurance policy providing third-party cover only) in respect of a private or commercial motorised car and whose excess is £0.01 or greater purchased by an Eligible Customer as a result of that customer obtaining car insurance quotes via the GoCompare Website and then purchasing a car insurance policy either via the GoCompare Website or by telephone with the insurer directly PROVIDED THAT where a car insurance policy is purchased by an Eligible Customer by telephone with an insurer directly, that customer shall provide the insurer with a valid GoCompare Reference Number before the car insurance policy is purchased;
- 1.11. Qualifying Period: means any period during which GoCompare shall promote this offer via the GoCompare Website;
- 1.12. Territories: means England, Wales, Scotland, Northern Ireland, the Isle of Man or the Channel Islands; and
- 1.13. Underwriter: means Inter Partner Assistance S.A. UK Branch which is a Branch of Inter Partner Assistance S.A. (Financial Conduct Authority registration number 202664), which is a Belgian firm authorised by the National Bank of Belgium under number 0487, with a registered head office at Louizalaan 166, 1050 Brussels. Deemed authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority. Subject to regulation by the Financial Conduct Authority and limited regulation by the Prudential Regulation Authority. Details of the Temporary Permissions Regime, which allows EEA-based firms to operate in the UK for a limited period while seeking full authorisation, are available on the Financial Conduct Authority’s website. Inter Partner Assistance S.A. is registered in England with its registered address at 106-118 Station Road, Redhill, RH1 1PR (UK branch registration number: BR000947). Inter Partner Assistance S.A. has a share capital of EUR 130,702,613. Inter Partner Assistance S.A. is part of the AXA Group.
2. Only Eligible Customers who purchase a Qualifying Car Insurance Policy at any time during the Qualifying Period shall be entitled to receive the Free Excess Cover.
3. Free Excess Cover will be automatically awarded to all Eligible Customers who GoCompare is able to verify have purchased a Qualifying Car Insurance Policy at any time during the Qualifying Period.
4. Eligible Customers who make a valid claim under the Free Excess Cover shall be entitled to a reimbursement of any excess paid to the insurer named on their Qualifying Car Insurance Policy up to a maximum of £250.00 during the Cover Period.
5. In order to make a valid claim under the Free Excess Cover, an Eligible Customer must:
- 5.1. be named as the insured on the Qualifying Car Insurance Policy;
- 5.2. first make a valid claim under the Qualifying Car Insurance Policy in respect of an insurable event taking place within the Territories;
- 5.3. have already paid and be able to provide proof of payment of any excess due to the insurer under the Qualifying Car Insurance Policy; and
- 5.4. provide the Underwriter with notice of his or her claim under the Free Excess Cover not more than six (6) months following the date on which any claim under the Qualifying Car Insurance Policy is settled.
- 6. Any claim under the Qualifying Car Insurance Policy in respect of an Excluded Event shall not constitute a valid claim under the Qualifying Car Insurance Policy for the purposes of this offer.
7. If GoCompare is unable to verify an Eligible Customer’s purchase of a Qualifying Car Insurance Policy, GoCompare reserve the right to revoke any Free Excess Cover which is issued.
8. It is always GoCompare’s aim to provide the best possible service. However, any complaints about the way in which the Free Excess Cover was sold should be directed to GoCompare at email@example.com. Any complaints in respect of the handling of any claim made under the Free Excess Cover should be directed to the Underwriter at firstname.lastname@example.org.
9. By opting in to receive the Free Excess Cover when obtaining car insurance quotes via the GoCompare Website, you will be deemed to have accepted and agreed to be bound by these terms and conditions.
10. GoCompare reserves the right to withdraw, cancel, suspend or amend this offer at any time.
12. These terms and conditions and any dispute or claim arising out of them shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales and the parties irrevocably submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.