Think carefully about your holiday packing
Lay out everything you've got and think 'what do I really need?' There are very few places in the world where you can't buy the stuff you need. Everyone wants their own home comforts, but you'll quickly realise you won't want them when you're therePhoebe Smith, experienced backpacker and features editor at Trail Magazine
Compare cheap holidays to dream destinations
With the help of weholiday.co.uk you can compare prices for thousands of cheap holidays in one quick and easy search.
- Peruse our guides in the Holiday resort
- Use our holiday checklist to help you pack
- Find exclusive Tui discounts codes
- Get money off hotel bookings with Expedia
- Discover First Choice voucher codes
- Thomas Cook discount codes & vouchers
- Lastminute.com promo codes
- Viator voucher codes
- Jet2Holidays discounts & promo codes
Types of holiday
Ooh, it's like flicking through a glossy travel brochure!
What type of holiday do you fancy going on?
- Culture cats - you'll be after a lovely city break to soak up all that interesting stuff
- Package people - why not take the whole family away on an all-inclusive deal?
- Winter sun lovers - hop on a cheap flight to a hot country
- Thrill seekers - time for a skiing, snowboarding or theme park trip
- Cruises - sail the seven seas on a luxury liner
When to book a cheap holiday
Holiday providers are likely to change the prices for a particular trip over time, so don't be shocked if the price shoots up.
The rate usually rises as the date gets closer but then plummets in the final hours as they try to fill any empty rooms.
If you're trying to save a bit of cash, try to avoid flying at peak times like Christmas or the school summer holidays.
Top holiday tips
- Check whether you need a visa before you travel otherwise you ain't getting in
- Use review websites to get people's honest opinions - they really dish the dirt
- Get travel insurance as soon as you book your holiday so if it's cancelled, you'll be covered
- Get a good idea of all the charges you'll have to pay including taxes so there are no nasty surprises
- Have an absolutely cracking time - obviously
Did you know...?
- City breaks are now the most popular type of holiday for UK tourists
- Over 98% of annual policies cover UK holidays, but there's normally a minimum stay
- Personal money and travel documents are covered by 94% of single trip policies
Feel free to take a tour around GoCompare's swanky Holiday resort too - our guides cover the basics like how to find the right holiday and which catering option to choose.
We've also got a bucket-load of tips on packing, travel insurance and how to save money.
Have a nosey around our guides on haggling and using credit cards abroad, and check out the things you should consider before making your holiday choice.