Looking for det perfekte hotellet i Oslo? That's Norwegian for the perfect hotel in Oslo... then read on!
Compare cheap quotes for Oslo hotels now and fjord-get about paying over the odds. There's Norway you should go without comparing room rates with GoCompare!
- Oslo has a compact city centre, and is home to many of Norway's top hotels. Harbourside hotels with views across the fjord are particularly popular
- The districts of Grünerløkka and Vulkan are home to an increasing number of small, arty, boutique hotels. There's a wide range of places to stay to suit all tastes in Oslo
- While Oslo can be an expensive city, your accommodation doesn’t have to be. Search and compare now to see what you could save on your stay in Norway's capital city
Is Oslo a great place for a city break? We say ja and a Norwegian Wood too! Clean and compact and oozing Nordic cool, Oslo is under two hours from most UK airports.
Explore the contemporary art galleries, the Viking history, and the fascinating food scene of Norway's capital.
Need somewhere to stay? Then here's our look at hotels in Oslo.
What are the best hotels in Oslo?
Hotels have star ratings, as do music reviews. And while these ratings can point to great hotels and songs, it's all about personal preferences. Some people would say that Take On Me is A-ha's best track, but what about The Sun Always Shines on TV? Quite frankly the best hotel in Oslo is the one that fits with you the best and won't scare The Living Daylights out of you when you pay for your stay.
Think about location and what facilities you need. Do you want breakfast included? Do you care about a pool? Is free wifi a deal-breaker? Don't go Hunting High and Low, simply filter hotels with our comparison service and find the one for you.
Hotels in Oslo city centre
While Oslo spreads out on the Oslofjord, the city centre is neat and petite. It's easy to navigate among the neo-classical grandeur and the cool arty neighbourhoods. And as Oslo puts pedestrians first, it's simple and safe to explore. But it's never crowded as Oslo is home to lots of green spaces and is surrounded by mountains and the sea.
Districts and streets you might want to stay in include the foodie heaven Torggata and Youngstorget, Oslo's music hub. Bygdøy in the west of the city is 'The Museum Peninsula' and pretty posh. Aker Brygge is the rejuvenated docks and a hip harbourside hangout. Hipsters should head to the Grünerløkka and Vulkan areas.
So that's the areas, but what about the hotels? Here's a handful you may want to consider:
- The Thief is a luxury art-filled hotel in the Tjuvholmen district. As it's on the harbourfront you have great views too. The Thief often nicks the top spots in guides to the best hotels in Oslo.
- The Comfort Xpress Hotel is in Youngstorget. Don't get tricked by the name - this place is more rock'n'roll than boring budget chain. There's no throwing the TVs out of the window here, but there is an in-house rock radio station and pinball machines.
- First Hotel Grims Grenka in Kvadraturen has a very popular roof terrace, Q Lounge, not far from the harbour.
- PS:hotell is an eco-friendly joint slap-bang in so-hot-right-now Grünerlokka.
- And for the full hit of history, luxury and elegance, then the Grand Hotel Oslo may be the one for you.
There's plenty to pick from so, search and compare to find your next hotel at a great price.
Oslo hotels near the train station
Oslo central station - Oslo Sentralstasjon (Oslo S) and the metro station Jernbanetorget - is on the eastern edge of the city centre.
So most of Oslo's hotels are near the main train station with both Comfort Xpress Hotel and First Hotel Grims Grenka less than 1km away.
Yet if being right by the station is key to your stay in Oslo, try out: Thon Hotel Opera, Comfort Hotel Grand Central, and Scandic Byporten Oslo.
Hotels near Oslo Airport
Oslo Gardermoen International Airport (OSL) is 30 miles north-east of central Oslo and the express train can do the trip in 20 minutes.
Yet if you're after a hotel in the airport then take your pick from the Radisson Blu and Park Inn Oslo Airport Hotel. Scandic, Gardermoen, Thon and Best Western also have hotels near the airport.
How to find cheap hotels in Oslo
There's no getting around the fact that Oslo can be an expensive city. Yet there are bargains out there.
Also, the increasing number of smaller hotels are challenging the big chains in the city on price, comfort and style.
Norway generally (and Oslo in particular) doesn't have peak or low seasons for visitors. Even in the depths of winter, people come to see the northern lights after all.
So the best way to guarantee a good price on a hotel room is to book well in advance. Finally, do an online comparison to simply compare what's out there.