GoCompare uses cookies. By using the website you agree with our use of cookies.

Useful insurance links

British Insurance Brokers' Association

The British Insurance Brokers' Association (BIBA) is the UK's leading broker and intermediary organisation, representing professional insurance brokers and intermediaries.

Website: www.biba.org.uk


Association of British Insurers

The Association of British Insurers (ABI) represents the interests of the UK's insurance industry. The Association speaks out on issues of common interest; helps to inform and participate in debates on public policy issues; acts as an advocate for high standards of customer service in the insurance industry.

Website: www.abi.org.uk


Financial Conduct Authority

The Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) is an independent, non-governmental body. It regulates the financial services industry in the UK through rule making, investigation and enforcement.

Website: www.fca.org.uk


The Financial Ombudsman Service

The Financial Ombudsman Service is the free, independent service for settling complaints between consumers and businesses providing financial services.

Website: www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk


Financial Services Compensation Scheme

The Financial Services Compensation Scheme (FSCS) is the UK's statutory fund of last resort for customers of authorised financial services firms. This means that the FSCS can pay compensation if a firm is unable, or likely to be unable, to pay claims against it. Gocompare.com is covered by the FSCS.

Website: www.fscs.org.uk


The Chartered Institute of Loss Adjusters

The Chartered Institute of Loss Adjusters (CILA) are independent claims specialists who operate under a Royal Charter to investigate, negotiate and agree the conclusion of insurance and other claims on behalf of insurers and policyholders. If you require the services of a Chartered Loss Adjuster their search facility may be able to locate a member in your area.

Website: www.cila.co.uk


Other useful links for home insurance customers

National House Building Council

The National House Building Council (NHBC) is the standard-setting body and leading warranty and insurance provider for new and newly converted homes in the UK. Established in 1936 the NHBC has worked consistently to raise the construction standards of new homes and provide protection for new homebuyers.

Website: www.nhbc.co.uk


Environment Agency – flood maps

The Environment Agency is the leading public body for protecting the environment in England and Wales. Their job is to make sure that air, land and water are looked after by everyone. Their flood maps make it easy to see which areas of England and Wales are at risk of flooding.

Website: www.environment-agency.gov.uk


Scottish Environment Protection Agency – flood maps

The Scottish Environment Protection Agency (SEPA) is Scotland's environmental regulator. Their main role is to protect and improve the environment. Their flood maps make it easy to see which areas of Scotland are at risk of flooding.

Website: www.sepa.org.uk


Building Cost Information Service

The Building Cost Information Service (BCIS) is the leading provider of cost information to the construction industry and anyone else who needs comprehensive, accurate and independent data. BCIS has a useful house rebuilding calculator which may help you calculate the rebuild cost of your house.

Website: www.bcis.co.uk
Website rebuild calculator: calculator.bcis.co.uk