Your cover’s free for 12 months – here’s what you need to know
Free Bupa Healthy Minds and Wellbeing cover, only with GoCompare
Your mental health’s incredibly important. You can’t put a price on it.
That’s why we’re offering you 12 months free Healthy Minds and Wellbeing cover provided by Bupa when you buy life insurance.
Your 12 months Healthy Minds and Wellbeing cover is free when you take out life insurance through us.
Here’s what you need to do:
Your free Healthy Minds and Wellbeing cover allows you to access a range of valuable mental health services:
Supporting emotional wellbeing
Giving practical help
The Healthy Minds and Wellbeing cover provided by Bupa is not a private health insurance policy. It doesn’t entitle you to any medical treatment under a health insurance policy.
Call 0345 266 9210.
The confidential 24/7 line will be answered by a counsellor in the team.
Tell the counsellor that you purchased life insurance through GoCompare. They’ll ask for some details to check you’re eligible for the free Healthy Minds and Wellbeing cover.
The call charge is the same as the national call rate to 02 or 01 numbers.
You’ll find the online resources and self-assessment tools here.
There isn’t one. We’re giving you 12 months free access to Bupa health and wellbeing cover as a thank you for buying life insurance through us.
Your cover will start from the date your life insurance begins and will last for 12 months.
You’ll have access to a range of telephone, online and in-person mental healthcare and counselling services. See ‘What’s covered’ for more.
Call 0345 266 9210. This is a confidential 24/7 line and calls will be answered by a counsellor. The call charge is the same as the national call rate to 02 or 01 numbers.
Tell the counsellor that you bought life insurance with GoCompare to access the services covered.
Yes. You and any dependents in your household over the age of 18 can use the online support and confidential counselling aspects of cover.
The specialist helplines are only for use by the policyholder.
Calls are answered by a team of counsellors working remotely and in Bupa’s Salford office.
Counsellors are all highly trained to support with work and life stress. They all work in accordance with British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP) guidelines.
Please note, this line should not be used for general enquiries.
You can access counselling support at any time through the 24/7 confidential counselling line. Bupa’s counsellors will empathically listen, so that you feel understood. They’ll work with you to help you better understand your situation and create positive changes in your life.
You may also be able to access five sessions of telephone or face-to-face counselling, following an assessment with one of the counsellors. This referral pathway is subject to clinical eligibility and evidence-based treatment recommendations are in line with NICE guidelines.
You’ll have unlimited access to the 24/7 counselling line service. Sessional counselling if appropriate is available once per condition, per year.
Bupa’s legal and financial services are designed to empower customers to make informed practical decisions and are available via telephone consultation only.
The legal service can offer information and guidance around a wide range of legal queries covering family law, property law and employment law. Please note, no written information or documentation will be provided.
Bupa’s independent financial advisors can also support with any queries from debt, investments, mortgages, pensions, and general money management.
This can offer support and guidance with various aspects of family life. This could include becoming a parent, arranging childcare, managing a difficult relationship with a child or advice on how to best support children while dealing with significant change. You’ll also have access to the elder care support team.
Yes, a translation service is available where counsellors will use qualified interpreters to give advice and support in different languages, including British sign language.
1. These are the terms and conditions on which we supply EAP services to you following a referral from Go Compare including using any telephone, video conferencing or webchat technology (“Services”).
2. Please read these terms carefully before you complete the information form and/or proceed to use the Services. These terms tell you who we are, how we will provide the Services to you, how you and we may change or end the contract, what to do if there is a problem and other important information. If you think that there is a mistake in these terms, please contact us to discuss.
3. We are Bupa Occupational Health Limited (“Bupa”, “we”, “our”) a company registered in England and Wales. Our company registration number is 00631336 and our registered office is at 1 Angel Court, London, UK EC2R 7HJ. Our VAT registration number is: 239 7316 41.
4. Go Compare are GoCompare.com Limited (“Go Compare”) a Company registered in England with No.5799376 whose registered office is at Imperial House, Imperial Way, Newport NP10 8UH. References to Go Compare in these terms includes Go Compare’s third party subcontractor Neilson Financial Services Limited (company registration number 07986483) who provide Go Compare Life Insurance.
5. You can contact us by telephoning 0345 604 0612 or by writing to us at email@example.com or Bupa Health Clinics Customer Services, 4th Floor, Bupa Place, 102 The Quays, Salford Quays, M50 3SP. If you have a technical issue please contact us by telephoning 0345 266 9790.
6. If we have to contact you we will do so by telephone or by writing to you at the email address or postal address you provided to us.
7. ”Writing” includes emails. When we use the words “writing” or “written” in these terms, this includes emails.
8. These terms set out the full details and constitute the entirety of your agreement with Bupa for the Services. Upon commencement of the supply of the Services you will be deemed to have accepted these terms. If you do not agree to these terms you should not use the Services. If we provide additional services to you beyond the scope of the referral from Go Compare, additional or different terms and conditions may apply. We will notify you of these terms and conditions in advance of providing any additional services.
9. We may change these terms at any time without providing you with prior or express notice of any such change. You should check these terms from time to time for any changes. By continuing to use the Services you agree to any and all changes made to these terms.
10. You will have been referred to us as a result of contacting Go Compare. You have a direct relationship with us, and we provide the Services to you. Go Compare have agreed to pay us for the Services up to an agreed amount and subject to certain conditions (see ‘Fees’ and ‘Cancellations & Refunds’ below). The Services are provided as-is, as set out in our telephone call with you and/or any communications we share with you. We may change the Services at any time without giving you prior or express notice of any change.
11. The Services are only available to individuals who are located in the UK aged 18 years or over and who have been referred to us by Go Compare (“Primary Customer”), or a dependent of a Primary Customer and who is aged 18 years or older and living in the same household as the Primary Customer (“Dependent”);
12. The Services are available to the Primary Customer and its Dependent(s) as part of the Primary Customer’s purchase of a life insurance policy via Go Compare for a period of 12 months from the date of purchase of the Primary Customer’s life insurance policy. If the Primary Customer’s life insurance policy lapses before we start providing Services to the Primary Customer or its Dependent(s), you and they will no longer be eligible to receive the Services.
13. You agree not to breach this agreement, any codes of conduct, or any other applicable guidelines that apply to the Services or have been communicated to you by us or breach any laws or regulations.
14. We may need certain information from you so that we can supply the Services to you. If you do not give us this information within a reasonable time of us asking for it, or if you give us incomplete or incorrect information, we may end the contract. We will not be responsible for supplying the Services late or not supplying any part of them if this is caused by you not giving us the information we need within a reasonable time of us asking for it.
15. We may have to suspend the supply of all or part of the Services to: (a) deal with technical problems or make minor technical changes; or (b) update the Services to reflect changes in relevant laws and regulatory requirements.
16. We are not responsible for delays outside our control. If our supply of the Services is delayed by an event outside our control then we will contact you as soon as possible to let you know and we will take steps to minimise the effect of the delay. Provided we do this we will not be liable for delays caused by the event.
17. The fee paid by Go Compare constitutes the cost of the Services which includes 24/7 telephone access to professional counsellors providing expert support and practical advice on mental health and wellbeing issues, including legal, finance and childcare support. The fee covers up to five (5) telephone or face to face counselling sessions (including any cancelled appointments or appointments you fail to attend). Bupa determines in its discretion whether a request for counselling is related to a prior issue. The referral to telephone or face to face counselling will be based on Bupa’s clinical assessment of your needs, and face to face appointments will be made at Bupa’s sole discretion. You will also have access to Bupa’s online CBT core programme content which will be supported initially by a Bupa counsellor for up to 12 weeks, and access to the Silvercloud resilience programme. Access to the CBT core programme and Silvercloud will be available for 12 months from the date of purchase of the Primary Customer’s life insurance policy from Go Compare. You will not be required personally to pay any additional sum to Bupa unless we agree this with you in advance.
18. Should you wish to rearrange or cancel a booking you should call the counsellor allocated to your case. Please try to cancel a booked appointment at least 24 hours before the appointment. Appointments cancelled within 24 hours of the appointment time will be deducted from the remaining balance of your available counselling sessions.
19. You will be permitted two cancelation (including if you do not attend (DNA) an appointment (including remote appointments)). If you cancel or rebook, or DNA on more than two occasions, your case with Bupa may, at Bupa’s discretion, be closed.
20. If you do not attend a booking or attend a booking and are unable to receive the Services because you are not in an appropriate physical condition or the treatment is not appropriate for your condition or you do not have the correct technology or equipment to access the Services this will be treated as a DNA in accordance with clause 18 (above). It is your responsibility to confirm that the treatment you book is appropriate for you and your condition and that (where applicable) you have the correct technology or equipment.
21. We may end the contract for the Services at any time by writing to you if:
22. We may withdraw all or part of the Services. We may write to you to let you know that we are going to stop providing all or part of the Services. We will use reasonable endeavours to let you know at least 5 days in advance of our stopping the supply of all or part of the Services.
23. If you are unhappy with any Services you have received you should contact EAPManagers@bupa.com.
24. You can also request a full copy of our complaints procedure.
25. You acknowledge that the content from the Services available to you is protected by legal rights and interests including copyright and intellectual property rights owned by us, our partners and/or the sponsors who provide the content (or other people or companies on their behalf). We do not grant you permission to share any of the content unless explicitly indicated. You may not copy, modify, duplicate, create derivative work from, frame, mirror, republish, download, display, transmit or distribute all or any part of the Services in any form or media or by any means; or attempt to reverse compile, disassemble, reverse engineer or otherwise reduce to human perceivable form all or part of the Services. Where applicable, you shall keep a secure and confidential password for your use of the Services. You shall use reasonable endeavours to prevent unauthorised access to all or any part of the Services and in the event that you become aware of any unauthorised access or use you shall notify us as soon as reasonably practicable and provide reasonable assistance to investigate and resolve such unauthorised access.
26. You agree not to distribute, publish, duplicate, copy, create, modify, sell, distribute or share portions or all of the Services, the use of the Services or access to the Services for any commercial purposes.
27. You agree not to remove, obscure or alter any proprietary rights notices including copyright and trademark notices that might be contained within the Services.
28. Unless you have been authorised in writing by us, you agree not to use any trademarks, trade names or logos of any company or organisation through the Services in a way that is intended to cause confusion about such marks, names or logos.
29. For any software, we grant you a personal, non-transferable right and license to use the code of its software on one computer. You cannot and you cannot allow a third party to copy, modify, or create a derivative work through reverse engineering, or attempt to discover any code or transfer any right in the software unless it is permitted by law or unless you have been given written permission by us.
30. This license is allowed solely for allowing you to use and enjoy the Services as allowed by this agreement. Unless we have given you specific written permission, you cannot assign your rights to use the software, grant a security interest over the software or transfer any part of your rights to use the software. You agree not to modify the software in any way or form or use modified versions of the software, including for obtaining prohibited access to the Services. You agree not to access the Services through other means except through the interface provided by us. Any rights that are not granted here are reserved.
31. You may not use the Services:
32. The Services may provide links to third party content or websites. Such links are provided for your information only and Bupa is not responsible for, and cannot guarantee, the completeness, reliability or accuracy of information or other content on such third party content or websites or that such information is up to date. We have no control over the contents of this content or those websites or resources, and accept no responsibility for them or for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of them. The inclusion of a link to third party content or a third party website should not be taken in itself to mean endorsement by Bupa of the content, website, the site owner, or any specific content to which it points. Bupa also cannot guarantee that any third party content, website or any service on that website will remain available.
Please also be aware that when you leave our website, other websites may have different privacy policies and terms which are beyond our control and of which you should make yourself aware.
33. Where we provide you with third party tools to access the Services or communicate with us such as (without limitation) telephone, video conferencing or webchat technology (“Tools”) the following terms shall apply:
34. You acknowledge and agree that computer, internet and telecommunications suffer interruptions and are not fault free and we do not make any representation or warranty in relation to such systems or technology. You further acknowledge and agree that occasional periods of downtime for repair, maintenance and upgrading may be required and we cannot therefore guarantee uninterrupted provision of the Services.
35. Subject to clauses 39 and 42, we are responsible to you for foreseeable loss and damage caused by us. If we fail to comply with these terms, we are responsible for loss or damage you suffer that is a foreseeable result of our breaking this contract or our failing to use reasonable care and skill, but we are not responsible for any loss or damage that is not foreseeable. Loss or damage is foreseeable if either it is obvious that it will happen or if, at the time the contract was made, both we and you knew it might happen, for example, if you discussed it with us during the sales process.
36. We do not exclude or limit in any way our liability to you where it would be unlawful to do so. This includes liability for death or personal injury caused by our negligence or the negligence of our employees, agents or subcontractors or for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation.
37. We are not liable for business losses. We only supply the Services for private, individual use. If you use the Services for any commercial, business or re-sale purpose we will have no liability to you for any loss of profit, loss of business, business interruption, or loss of business opportunity.
38. Please note the Services do not include or provide for urgent crisis situations or long-term on-going support.
39. Subject to clause 37, we shall not be liable to you for any damages, costs or losses in excess of £500.00.
40. If defective digital content which we have supplied damages a device or digital content belonging to you and this is caused by our failure to use reasonable care and skill we will either repair the damage or pay you compensation. However, we will not be liable for damage which you could have avoided by following our advice to apply an update offered to you free of charge or for damage which was caused by you failing to correctly follow installation instructions or to have in place the minimum system requirements advised by us.
41. Subject to clause 43, although we will use reasonable endeavours to prevent intentional misuse of the Services and the dissemination of harmful programs via the Services, we will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by any intentional misuse of the Services or the distribution of viruses or other technologically harmful material that may infect your computer equipment, computer programs, data or other proprietary material due to your use of the Services.
42. You should ensure that your name, address and other contact details provided to Bupa are accurate and up to date. Please notify us of any changes as soon as reasonably practicable.
43. We recognise that when you give us personal information (which includes health information) you’re trusting us to take good care of it. Please see www.bupa.co.uk/privacy for more information about how we collect, use and protect your data.
44. We may use sub-contractors to provide all or part of the Services. References to “Bupa”, “we” or “us” in these terms shall include our sub-contractors.
45. You need our consent to transfer your rights to someone else. You may only transfer your rights or your obligations under these terms to another person if we agree to this in writing.
46. This contract is between you and us. No other person shall have any rights to enforce any of its terms. Neither of us will need to get the agreement of any other person in order to end the contract or make any changes to these terms.
47. If a court finds part of this contract illegal, the rest will continue in force. Each of the paragraphs of these terms operates separately. If any court or relevant authority decides that any of them are unlawful, the remaining paragraphs will remain in full force and effect.
48. Even if we delay in enforcing this contract, we can still enforce it later. If we do not insist immediately that you do anything you are required to do under these terms, or if we delay in taking steps against you in respect of your breaking this contract, that will not mean that you do not have to do those things and it will not prevent us taking steps against you at a later date.
49. These terms are governed by English law and you can bring legal proceedings in respect of the products in the English courts. If you live in Scotland you can bring legal proceedings in respect of the products in either the Scottish or the English courts. If you live in Northern Ireland you can bring legal proceedings in respect of the products in either the Northern Irish or the English courts. We will only conclude this contract in the English language
*Except legal, financial and dependant helplines, which are for the policyholder only. Family members must be living in the same home address.
** Information only services. For legal, financial or debt management advice, customers will need to engage external advisers separately.