Welcome to our Three mobile deals guide.
- Three has more 5G spectrum than anywhere in the UK and won the best network for data in 2018
- They have a great pay as you go rewards service
- Selected unlimited data plans with no cap limits
- Unlimited streaming and music with Go Binge on selective SIM plans
What is Three?
Three is one of the 'big four' mobile networks in the UK, alongside EE, O2 and Vodafone.
Three Mobile started out in Hong Kong and launched in the UK on 3 March 2003 (because it loves the number three). Three’s network was built for the internet and was one of the first to offer all-you-can-eat data.
Today, Three has the widest 5G spectrum of services available and is the only operator to meet IMT 2020 standard for 5G services .
Why compare Three mobile phone deals?
Three was voted the ‘best network for data’ in 2018 and the ‘best network for roaming’ in 2017 by Mobile Choice Consumer. They also have:
- Unlimited Data plans with no limits or caps
- A pay as you go rewards service
- Features such as ‘Go Binge’ on certain selective tariffs. This allows you to access selected music and video streaming content at no additional data cost. These include Netflix, Snapchat, Soundcloud, Deezer and Apple Music. This lets you watch your favourite shows, listen to music and update certain social apps without using up any of your data, including Snapchat, Netflix, tv player, Dave, Deezer, SoundCloud and Apple Music.
Three mobile contract phones
If you’re looking for a new handset to go with your contract, then Three has a wide variety of models and brands to choose from including Apple, Samsung, Huawei, Sony, Motorola and BlackBerry.
Shop around and compare deals to find the right contract for you.
Three mobile SIM-only deals
Three SIM-only deals often include:
- Go Roam - Use your mobile phone in 71 destinations at no extra cost
- Go Binge Unlimited Data - You can enjoy as much data as you need without worrying about going over your allowance on selective SIM-plans.
- Personal Hotspot - This feature allows you to connect other devices to your phone in order to access the internet.
Three mobile pay as you go phones
Pay as you go (PAYG) mobile phones are ideal if you don’t use your phone much or if you’re on a budget. They’re also a great contract-free alternative for parents who want to buy their child a mobile phone without paying a fixed monthly bill.
However, if you’re a heavy data user, you’d likely be better off with a SIM-only or contract deal.
We compare phone contracts and SIM-only deals above, however you can find Three PAYG deals on the Three mobile website.
Three’s PAYG has lots of benefits:
Tips for getting the best mobile phone deal on Three
- Compare prices with us to find the right deal for you
- Check how much data you need – there’s no point getting 20GB per month if you’re only using 5GB
- Check if it’s cheaper to buy the handset outright and go SIM-only
- If you don’t use your phone a lot then have a look at pay as you go options Pay as you go
- Benefits, gifts and extras might sound great, but they’ll make your plan more expensive
- Can you afford to be in a contract for longer than 12 months? If not, then go for a pay as you Go option deal
Is Three a good network?
Three have improved their coverage with their 4G network covering approximately 99.8% of the UK population . Check if your home and workplace get a good Three signal on Ofcom's map.
- Three’s coverage improvements have led to them winning multiple awards in the last couple of years too. Compare Three’s prices with those from other providers to find the right mobile phone deal for you.
 Three UK, 2019
 Three Coverage, 2019